Bear at 10 months

• He is sitting down because this was the end of a long session, camera on my tablet was acting up on me turning off on its own. Not sure I am liking his progression so far, I will stick it out to at least 18 months if not 2 years of age. I will try to remain patient and objective until then, if he turns out to be at least a average performing CO I would be very happy. At least he is super easy to live with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nlsW7jyPX0

• Thanks for sharing Matt. I can't say much going by the video, except I would like to see more focus and drive. Then again these dogs are a whole different ball game.

• It seams like it's too much for a 10 month old. If the dog is sitting the session was to long. You want to build up the dog make him a winner. He got stung, and the session was over, my reading if KMDT is that, the dog should get the bite, as close to, if not simultaneously with the sting, the bite ends the sting and the dog gets the satisfaction of the bite. I see your decoy is wearing the sleeve, has the dog got a bite yet?

• The session was ended by putting the dog back on the leash and chasing the decoy off the property. The decoy was wearing a sleeve for peace of mind, the dog is not ready to bite.

If I don't see things changing drastically in the next session or two I am just going to put him up until he is 18 months old.

• I think I am in some position to make a comment on these types of dogs;

1. traditionally they learn by watching older dogs
    so he should be on the side of a training field watching old experienced dogs going nuts at the decoy - continue this until he is going nuts as well wanting to join in, gee him and deprive him a bite for as long as it takes and then let him in.

also he is watching to you for leadership, these are emotional dogs, YOU should have got in the "fight" and let the dog come to your rescue and you both drive off the decoy. your emotion was not in it.

2. have forgotten what 2. was.

• Good call on waiting till 18 months Matt. I agree with this practice if you feel he isnt coming out enough. Each dog is very different.

You know that the dog will bark agressively, chase a man, and at least lunge at an approaching stranger. Giving him time to build confidence and maturity in his day to day life might just be the ticket.

My current male never saw a decoy until he was 16 months and he turned out just fine and I've seen dogs as old as 3 years old do great on thier first bite.

• Good call on waiting till 18 months Matt. I agree with this practice if you feel he isnt coming out enough. Each dog is very different.

You know that the dog will bark agressively, chase a man, and at least lunge at an approaching stranger. Giving him time to build confidence and maturity in his day to day life might just be the ticket.

My current male never saw a decoy until he was 16 months and he turned out just fine and I've seen dogs as old as 3 years old do great on thier first bite.

I agree, he already serves some purpose as when he is left out in the fenced in yard everyday while we are at work he will meet any stranger at the gate and bark. Its enof where the delivery guy gives him enof respect that he now delivers the package a good 50 feet in front of the driveway gates. I highly doubt he would actually bite anyone that decided to jump the fence.