Crowd control

• I've been going back and forth researching Rottweilers and Boerboels and came across this video. I'd like to get the thoughts of you gentlemen and ladies. It looks to me like the dog is a little unsure of how to react at times but he's a confident dog overall. To my eyes, being surrounded by bad guys is a new experience but he's still more than willing to fight if one of the baddies gets too close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN3c9Z7BlkI

• Hey Ryan, nice vids overall.

First Vid:
    Too long for my liking, a big molossoid can get exhausted pretty fast, continued agitation for 3 minutes seems a little bit harsh. I tend to keep it under 2 mins tops.
    Big crown seems a little excessive too, I usually work with a max of 3 decoys when training for a civil dog, a PSD who is actually gonna do CROWD CONTROL is another story...
    The muzzle seems to inhibit the dog, he knows he isn't getting a bite and disengages quite fast... am not a big fan of the muzzle -_-! If you are gonna muzzle the dog then don't wear the bite suit?
    Yes, the dog seems a little confused but he stays confident through the whole ordeal

Second vid:
    Big improvement with the muzzle and one decoy, he stays engaged longer
    From minute 1:30 to min 2 bites seem to be slightly superficial and he lets go quite easily but always goes for a second bite, I don't know if this is characteristic of the breed but I guess it would be effective in a real scenario even though I prefer a big and lasting bite
    At the end, semicircle of dogs with several decoys... NAH that's just dumb, work with your dog individually if possible. Add one or 2 extra dogs if you want to proof it but avoid circus like activities like those :thumbsup2:

• Agree 100% Sergio! If you are ever going to use a muzzle in any type of training in which the dog must face an adversary, then he (quarry) should always be in civilian clothes, no suit, sleeves in my opinion!

• Generally speaking a rottweiler will have more prey drive than a Boerboel. More defensive dogs are more likely to disengage one opponent to engage another. A muzzle will contribute to some dogs feeling defensive, in other cases will put the dog in drive, depending on previous training.

Russians have the most realistic training scenarios and the decoys are fearless Russian training. I wish I had access to these decoys, training in North America is sterile by comparison. I absolutely love when the decoys grab the leash and try to control the dog, in some cases fail and in some cases succeed in doing so.