looking for a rottweiler breeder in ontario

• hi I'm looking for a rottweiler puppy from working lines, that has good temperament and great health

if any one can recommend a good breeder that fits my criteria in southern Ontario (gta) area i would be very grateful as i am having trouble finding one

In life the firmest friend,
    The first to welcome, foremost to defend,
    Whose honest heart is still his master's own
    Who labors, fights, lives, breathes for him alone.
    -Lord Byron

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vincent M ().

• Vincent, the thread is in the rottweiler section but it would be helpful if you stated in the thread title that it's a rottweiler breeder you're looking for.

• hi I'm looking for a rottweiler puppy from working lines, that has good temperament and great health

if any one can recommend a good breeder that fits my criteria in southern Ontario (gta) area i would be very grateful as i am having trouble finding one

Hey mate Am also in the same boat am having trouble finding half decent rottweilers up here in Ontario so am being forced to import one, maybe you should consider this option as well.
    Here's one good kennel: http://www.vonzanekennels.com.au/workingdogs.php

-cheers

• wow, your going to import from Australia, sounds a bit cost prohibited

talked to a breeder that can source me a dog from the netherlands (dutch breeders are very working lines oriented i understand) for 1200 plus cost of dog,

how much would a Ozzy dog cost and what made you decide to source from that area of the world?

thank you

-Lord Byron

• Yes it could be very pricey but it will be my worthwhile if the pup turns out like i expect it to be, I choose this guy because lots of people has said he is very reputable breeder also he seems like he works his dogs in the real stuff and he's dogs seem real hard core just how a real Rottweiler should be unlike many rotte breeders you see doing schutz shit ( Sorry if i offend any one but am not a sport person) the dogs only working in prey and looking like Julia Roberts is just not my cup of tea.

• Yes it could be very pricey but it will be my worthwhile if the pup turns out like i expect it to be, I choose this guy because lots of people has said he is very reputable breeder also he seems like he works his dogs in the real stuff and he's dogs seem real hard core just how a real Rottweiler should be unlike many rotte breeders you see doing schutz shit ( Sorry if i offend any one but am not a sport person) the dogs only working in prey and looking like Julia Roberts is just not my cup of tea.

i agree with that in some cases, a breeder will a use his home field with a familiar helper to get a sport title and then breed that inferior dog that would never be able to work as a ppk9, and market the offspring to the contrary

i would prefer a breeder that has no titles and no akc or ckc papers but has successfully placed dogs with the military and police

but i am trying to keep hope alive and keep trying to source a local dog because its important to me to do my own drive and temperament testing on the litter I'm going to purchase from

-Lord Byron

• i agree with that in some cases, a breeder will a use his home field with a familiar helper to get a sport title and then breed that inferior dog that would never be able to work as a ppk9, and market the offspring to the contrary

i would prefer a breeder that has no titles and no akc or ckc papers but has successfully placed dogs with the military and police

but i am trying to keep hope alive and keep trying to source a local dog because its important to me to do my own drive and temperament testing on the litter I'm going to purchase from

Yes same mate, I don't give a rat ass about papers,title etc. all i care is if the dog can work in the streets or not!!

Keep me updated mate.

-cheers

• put a deposit down on a rott yesterday, i met the stud and the pregnant bitch, and a few other dogs in his breeding program (some retired breeding dogs), all where friendly with even temperament, he lit up the 8 year old stud dog on a bite article and the dog had so much drive he looked like a puppy

my puppy will be born in April should get him in June

I'm so looking forward to start OB with this dog, this line looks very trainable

the breeder wants to work with me to select a dog that will suit my needs

would love any input regarding what i should look for starting at 5 weeks(this breeder wants me to visit the liter as often as i can)

and what your thought are regarding when to start pp training, i have heard that rotts mature slowly

thanks guys

-Lord Byron

• Well guys I'm suprised you have not heard of Vom Hexental, in Belgium, he supplies the Austrian army, and has the best of the best dogs that compete even in Belgium Ring. Real nice guy and knows too much. http://hexental.be/

Also, how is Redwood Kennels, in the US, he also seems to have some nice dogs, a bit bulky and slower but imports from all over.

I'm curious about hexental the most as am thinking of one day going with him.

• Well if you have a link to Hexental's dogs working please post it. I don't know whether Guy supplies dogs to the Austrian army, from what I remember reading his site his breeding program is based on some Austrian army lines.

• Guy sent me footage of his dogs working a few years back. It is still on VHS. Always hard to tell from video footage how good a dog really is especially when all that footage is sport based and where scenarios resemble sport.

I don't think Guy producers dogs for the Austrian Military but rather uses dogs from that stock. Most of the Austrian dogs come from von Kaisersteinbruch (well that is the Austrian Military kennel) or ex Karl-Adolf-Ranch as it used to be known. In my limited dealings with Guy I have found him to be good to deal with and to talk too and if you want I'd certainly say it would be worth a trip to Belgium.

As for jenecks I don't know how strong these dogs are considered anymore. I don't know if eckhart is even still breeding.

• Mick, I when my female pup matures I want to breed her to a strong dog just like mine (her dad), but that kicks into his defensive drives more readily. Do you know any such dog in the US?

• Not off the top of my head. I am sure such dogs are in the US but I don't know too many. When I was in the US I didn't find a single dog that would fit this description at all. This isn't to say there arn't any just that I didn't find them.

Try giving this guy a call. http://www.lowenhart.com/stud.html I have a mate in the US with one of his dogs who sounds good and whilst i doubt Golo would be alive anymore this is a world class serious dog and should have some progeny of that type out there.

Mick.

• Funny to go back to Golo 4 years after this debacle http://protectiondog.club/foru…ed-with-animal-abuse.html However it could've come from the bitch. Bill (the owner) sounded knowledgeable when I spoke with him, he knows what a good rott is supposed to be like, and he said that Golo was good. I'll definitely contact him when it's time. If something interesting crosses your way Mick please let me know.